Our mission is to change the landscape of people’s lives from; negative, unproductive and full of hurt to positive, fruitful and full of love."
© 2010-2015 One Community, One Voice, One Vision
Planting For Life is a program that focus on the following areas of people’s lives; self development and leadership, health and wellness, economic empowerment and community engagement. The purpose of this program is to first change the mindset of people and then plant seeds of positive change into their lives. When you plant something the goal is to change or cultivate the landscape of that environment and our goal is to give people the right tools, encouragement and motivation to change their lives to be productive and fruitful and then plant into others.
The formula to changing the world:
Change the mindset of the people (GOOD GROUND) ››› Plant seeds of positive change into the people ››› Plant the people back into their community’s ››› Plant the communities back into the nation ››› Plant the nation back into the world.
This formula will create:
1. A strong economy
2. Healthier people
3. People who will love others regardless of their beliefs.
We are connecting gardening, planting flowers and trees with life cultivating activities. The fruits from this program will not only cultivate the lives of the participants but the lives of other in these areas:
* The harvest from the gardens offer people a healthy selection of fruits, vegetables and a collection of living vitamins. The harvest is also a resource for families who are fighting with hunger and accredited food banks.
* The plants are given to communities, which allow the people of that community to create a refreshing décor, which promotes peace and is inviting to other people.
* The trees bring fresh air quality through its filtering process.
A clean community is a healthy community, a healthy community
is a productive community, a productive community is a fruitful community, and a fruitful community is a successful community.
The program's needs:
* Land for farming (Green House)
* Roof tops for farming (Green House)
* Volunteers (Agriculture, Horticulture and Arboriculture background)
* Teachers (teaching, counseling, or a strong mentoring background)
* Water and soil testing equipment
* Gardening tools (light and heavy tools)
* Transportation to transport tools
* Storage for the tools
* Seeds and seedling (Lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers)
* School supplies
* Smart board/ chalk board/ dry erase board
* Space for 30 people (learning environment)
This isn’t all the needs, as the program get closer to its launch date more resources will be needed.
The garden; vegetable, plants and trees are living organisms that offers life and positive change to people lives and the environment. This program will teach people a new trade and bring dependable jobs and opportunities for entrepreneurship to the communities that are participating in the program.
Job: labors for the gardens, people can start a vegetable or plant stand, people can start community fresh markets and the list goes on.